Mission: The Science of Research and Technology Branch (SRTB) leads and supports the development and application of innovative research approaches, theories, methods, measures, analytic tools, and technologies to advance social and behavioral science in the context of cancer prevention and control.
Scientific priorities include, but are not limited to:
- Theory development, testing and application;
- Measure development and testing, particularly of antecedents to, changes in, and consequences of health behavior;
- Technology development and application;
- Methodological innovation, particularly in analytic approaches;
- Data harmonization and research synthesis; and
- Team science and cross-disciplinary approaches.
These scientific priorities are achieved through support of grants, training programs, workshops, symposia, and conferences.