Mission: The mission of the Tobacco Control Research Branch (TCRB) is to lead and collaborate on research, and to disseminate evidence-based findings to prevent, treat, and control tobacco use.
Vision: The vision of TCRB is a world free of tobacco use and related cancer and suffering.
- Advertising and marketing of tobacco products
- Epidemiology and surveillance of tobacco knowledge, attitudes, and behavior
- Etiology, predictors, correlates, and determinants of tobacco use, nicotine dependence, and cessation
- Global tobacco control, especially in low and middle income countries
- Media and policy to reduce tobacco use
- Other tobacco products, e.g., smokeless tobacco, cigars, roll-your-own, hookah, bidis, etc.
- Potential Reduced-Exposure Tobacco Products (PREPs)
- Secondhand smoke
- Tobacco cessation interventions at the individual, system, and population level
- Tobacco control interventions for underserved and at-risk populations
- Tobacco industry documents
- Tobacco prevention interventions at the individual, system, and population level
- Tobacco product analysis, e.g., design and composition, constituents and additives, processing, manufacturing
- Tobacco-related disparities
Branch Fact Sheet (PDF), August 2009