About Implementation Science
To achieve the rapid integration of scientific evidence, practice and policy, with the ultimate goal of improving the effect of research on cancer outcomes and promoting health across individual, organizational and community levels.
The mission of the Implementation Science (IS) Team is to build and advance the field of Implementation Science by:
- Stimulate an increasing number of competitive grant submissions on cancer implementation science that contribute to the development of innovative methods and study designs.
- Build science to integrate new knowledge across clinical and public health research, practice and policy.
- Promote science that is rigorous, transparent and relevant in the real world.
- Foster rapid learning strategies to improve individual and population health.
- Build partnerships for the development, dissemination, and implementation of evidence-based measures, initiatives, and programs.
- Develop a robust and supportive network of trained, trans-disciplinary implementation scientists.
Key Priority Areas
- Build the Science of Implementation Science (see Publications)
- Develop Ongoing Training Networks (see Training)
- Establish Robust Partnerships (see Collaborations)