Opportunities for Researchers
In addition to encouraging scientific ideas for researchers through investigator-initiated applications and omnibus solicitations, DCCPS develops and participates in NIH funding opportunities aimed at stimulating new directions in specific research to examine, discover, and test methodologies to improve public health. The following are examples of recent funding opportunity announcements to encourage research projects in emerging or priority areas:
- Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health (PAR-19-274, PAR-19-275, PAR-19-276)
- Modular R01s in Cancer Control and Population Sciences (PAR-18-869)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): Dissemination and Implementation Science for Cancer Prevention and Control in Low Resource Environments (NOT-CA-20-025)
- Notice of Special Interest (NOSI): De-implementation of Ineffective or Low-value Clinical Practices along the Cancer Care Continuum (NOT-CA-20-021)
- Tobacco Control Policies to Promote Health Equity (PAR-20-302, PAR-20-303)
More information about funding opportunities can be found at cancercontrol.cancer.gov/funding.