The Implementation Science (IS) team coordinates and supports training and educational activities in partnership with other academic institutions, professional organizations, and funding agencies. These activities include training programs, an annual conference, and a monthly webinar series that aim to increase the field’s capacity to conduct rigorous implementation research.
Dissemination & Implementation Orientation Webinar
This webinar is an introduction and orientation to the science of dissemination and implementation (D&I) for those who are new to this field.View Webinar
Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Cancer (TIDIRC)
The Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Cancer (TIDIRC) provides participants with a thorough grounding in conducting D&I research with a specific focus on cancer. All online training materials are open access. Applications for the facilitated program are accepted annually. Learn more.
Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health (TIDIRH)
Update: This program is no longer active. The Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health (TIDIRH) was developed by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to help build capacity in dissemination and implementation research. TIDIRH was held annually from 2011 through 2015 as a residential training program. From 2016 through 2020, TIDIRH has met in the Washington, D.C. area offered as a dual online and in-person training.
- Vinson CA, Clyne M, Cardoza N, et al. Building capacity: a cross-sectional evaluation of the US Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health. Implement Sci. 2019;14:97. doi:10.1186/s13012-019-0947-6.
- Meissner HI, Glasgow RE, Vinson CA, et al. The U.S. training institute for dissemination and implementation research in health. Implement Sci. 2013;8:12. doi:10.1186/1748-5908-8-12.
Rapid Cycle Research to Improve Cancer-Related Care Workshop
The IS Team, in collaboration with the Healthcare Delivery Research Program, hosted the Advancing Rapid Cycle Research (RCR) to Improve Cancer-Related Care workshop that identified principal features that should inform the design of RCR to improve cancer care delivery, explored multi-faceted barriers toward conducting RCR in cancer care delivery settings, and generated viable solutions for increasing the quality and quantity of RCR conducted in cancer care delivery settings.
Implementation Science Webinars
The Implementation Science Webinars series is a free, monthly webinar series focused on advanced topics in dissemination and implementation (D&I) research.
Advancing Data Sharing for Implementation Science
The Advancing Data Sharing for Implementation Science in Cancer Control: A workshop to facilitate collaboration and exchange brought together implementation science investigators and experts in data science, ethics, data privacy, and security to provide input on a process, scope, and trajectory for data sharing of implementation science data types.
Annual Conference on the Science of D&I
Annual Conference on the Science of D&I
This conference is convened on the front lines of D&I science to ensure that evidence is used to inform decisions that will improve the health of individuals and communities. Researchers, evaluators, and implementers interested in bridging the gap between evidence, practice, and policy in health and medicine by identifying opportunities, challenges, and strategies of disseminating and implementing research are encouraged to attend.
- 2021: Broadening Horizons for Impact: Incorporating Multisectoral Approaches into D&I Science
- 2020: Dissemination and Implementation Science in a Dynamic, Diverse, and Interconnected World: Meeting the Urgent Challenges of our Time
- 2019: Raising the Bar on The Rigor, Relevance, And Rapidity of Dissemination And Implementation Science
- 2018: Scaling up Effective Health and Healthcare: Advancing the Research Agenda and Necessary Infrastructure
- 2017: A Decade of Progress and the Path Forward
- 2016: Mapping the Complexity and Dynamism of the Field
- 2015: Optimizing Personal and Population Health
- 2014: Transforming Health Systems to Optimize Individual and Population Health
- 2013: Expert meetings held in lieu of conference: (1) Training, (2) Measurement and Reporting, and (3) Study Designs
- 2012: Research at the Crossroads
- 2011: Policy and Practice
- 2010: Methods and Measurement
- 2009: Building Research Capacity to Bridge the Gap from Science to Service
- 2007: Building the Science of Dissemination and Implementation in the Service of Public Health