For Survivors and Caregivers
This page provides numerous resources for cancer survivors and their caregivers. For information regarding cancer types, treatment, clinical trials and links to other National Cancer Institute resources, please go to the NCI home page.
- ASCO Treatment Summary and Survivorship Care Plan (PDF)
A revised survivorship care plan template, including treatment summary and follow-up care plan, to enhance communication and coordination of care for the survivor.
- Health and Well-Being After Cancer
Resources to help enhance health and well-being during and after cancer treatment, including information about diet, and emotional and practical concerns.
- Support Groups and Pallative Care
Links to resources that provide support, as well as information about palliative care.
- Follow-Up Medical Care After Treatment
Resources that provide information about medical care after cancer treatment.
- Possible Late Effects of Treatment
Information to discuss with physicians the possible effects of treatment that can occur after treatment has ended.
- Getting Involved
Links to resources that may assist in getting involved with cancer-related activities.
Cancer Survivor Stories
Once treatment is over, cancer survivors cope with their new life in different ways. Here are some inspiring stories of survivors who turned their cancer experience into something positive.
This free series, which took place annually from 2003 until 2012, offered cancer survivors, their families, friends, and health care professionals practical information to help them cope with concerns and issues that arise after treatment ends. The series was a collaboration among the National Cancer Institute, LIVESTRONG, CancerCare, the American Cancer Society, the Intercultural Cancer Council, Living Beyond Breast Cancer, and the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship.
- 2012 Cancer Survivorship Telephone Workshop Series
Part I: Using Mind/Body Techniques to Cope with the Stress of Survivorship
Part II: Recapturing Joy and Finding Meaning
Part III: Changing Roles and Responsibilities for Caregivers
Part IV: Managing Post-Treatment Neuropathy
- 2011 Cancer Survivorship Telephone Workshop Series
Part I: Chemobrain: The Impact of Cancer Treatments On Memory, Thinking, and Attention
Part II: Weight Changes After Cancer Treatments: Why Is It Happening and What Can I Do About It?
Part III: Stress Management for Caregivers: Taking Care of Yourself Physically and Emotionally
Part IV: Fear of Recurrence and Late Effects: Living With Uncertainty
- 2010 Cancer Survivorship Telephone Workshop Series
Part I: Trouble Sleeping: Sleep Better to Feel Better – Tips You Can Use
Part II: Communicating With Your Health Care Team After Treatment: Making the Most of Your Visit
Part III: Survivorship and Workplace Transitions
Part IV Survivors Too: Communicating With and Among Family, Friends and Loved Ones
- 2009 Cancer Survivorship Telephone Workshop Series
Part I: Managing the Stress of Survivorship
Part II: The Importance of Nutrition and Physical Activity
Part III: Survivors Too: Family, Friends and Loved Ones: Managing the Fatigue of Caregiving
- 2008 Cancer Survivorship Telephone Workshop Series
Part I: The Importance of Communicating with Your Doctor about Follow-Up Care
Part II: Rediscovering Intimacy in Your Relationships following Treatment
Part III: Survivors Too: Family, Friends and Loved Ones
- 2007 Cancer Survivorship Telephone Workshop Series
Part I: Neuropathy and Joint Aches: New Post-Treatment Challenges
Part II: My Treatment is Over: Why Do I Feel So Alone and Sad?
Part III: Finding Hope and Meaning After Treatment
- 2006 Cancer Survivorship Telephone Workshop Series
Part I: Stress Management Tips for Survivor
Part II: Is It My Cancer of Am I Getting Older?
Part III: Managing Your Costs of Recovery
- 2005 Cancer Survivorship Telephone Workshop Series
Part I: Care & Wellbeing After Treatment
Part II: Managing Longterm Lingering Side Effects
Part III: Health Promoting Behaviors: Things You Can Do
This survivorship research meeting, which takes place every two years, brings together researchers, clinicians, cancer survivors, advocates, policy-makers, and public health experts to share and learn about the most up-to-date cancer survivorship research.
- 2016 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference: Innovation in a Rapidly Changing Landscape
- 2014 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference: Advancing Survivorship Care through Multilevel Collaborations
- 2012 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference: Translating Science to Care
- 2010 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference: Recovery and Beyond
- 2008 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference - Cancer Survivorship Research: Mapping the New Challenges
- 2006 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference - Cancer Survivorship: Embracing the Future
- 2004 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference - Cancer Survivorship: Pathways to Health After Treatment Conference