Module 4: Implementation Science Measures
Introduction to D&I Measures (35 minutes)
Dr. Cara Lewis, Kaiser Permanente Washington
- Lewis CC, Mettert KD, Dorsey CN, Weiner BJ. Measures and outcomes in implementation science. In: Chambers DA, Vinson CA, Norton WE, eds. Advancing the Science of Implementation Across the Cancer Continuum. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2018:57.
- Lewis CC, Proctor EK, Brownson R. Measurement issues in dissemination and implementation research. In: Brownson RC, Colditz GA, Proctor EK. Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health: Translating Science to Practice. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2012:229-244.
- Palinkas LA, Mendon SJ, Hamilton AB. Innovations in mixed methods evaluations. Annu Rev Public Health. 2019;40:423-442. doi:10.1146/annurev-publhealth-040218-044215.
- Proctor E, Silmere H, Raghavan R, et al. Outcomes for implementation research: conceptual distinctions, measurement challenges, and research agenda. Adm Policy Ment Health. 2011;38(2):65-76. doi:10.1007/s10488-010-0319-7.
- Rabin BA, Lewis CC, Norton WE, et al. Measurement resources for dissemination and implementation research in health. Implement Sci. 2016;11:42. doi:10.1186/s13012-016-0401-y.
- What outcomes are you measuring in your study, how are you measuring them, and why are you measuring them?
- What processes are you measuring in your study, how are you measuring them, and why are you measuring them?