This page provides numerous cancer-related resources for health care researchers. For information regarding cancer types, treatment, clinical trials and links to other National Cancer Institute resources, please go to the NCI home page.
Key survivorship-related reports from the past 10 years that have helped shape survivorship research and practice.
- Cancer Survivors in the United States: Prevalence across the Survivorship Trajectory and Implications for Care , Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention (2013)
- Receipt of Psychosocial Care among Cancer Survivors in the United States , Journal of Clinical Oncology (2013)
- Dr. Julia Rowland Discusses the Developing Field of Cancer Survivorship (2012)
- Patient-Centered Communication in Cancer Care: Promoting Healing and Reducing Suffering Monograph (2007)
- New Malignancies Among Cancer Survivors (2006)
- Biennial Cancer Survivorship Conference - Supplements
- Cancer Supplement - Cancer Survivorship Research: Mapping the New Challenges (2009)
- Cancer Supplement - Partnering to Embrace the Future of Cancer Survivorship Research and Care (2008)
- Cancer Supplement - Resilience of Cancer Survivors Across the Lifespan (2005)
- Institute of Medicine Reports
- Delivering High-Quality Cancer Care: Charting a New Course for a System in Crisis (2013)
- Cancer Care for the Whole Patient: Meeting Psychosocial Health Needs - Institute of Medicine Report (2007)
- Implementing Cancer Survivorship Care Planning (2006)
- From Cancer Patient to Cancer Survivor: Lost in Transition - Institute of Medicine Report (2005)
- Childhood Cancer Survivorship: Improving Care and Quality of Life - Joint Report From the Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council of the National Academies (2003)
- The President's Cancer Panel Annual Reports/li>
Additional information about several survivorship-related studies that are funded by NCI.
- Adolescent & Young Adult Health Outcomes & Patient Experience Study
- Assessment of Patients' Experience of Cancer Care Study
- Cancer Care Outcomes Research & Surveillance Consortium
- Cancer Patient and Survivor Cohort Studies
- Cancer Research Network (CRN)
- Experience of Care and Health Outcomes of Survivors of Non- Hodgkin's Lymphoma (ECHOS-NHL) Study
- Follow-up Care Use Among Survivors (FOCUS) Survey
- Health, Eating, Activity, and Lifestyle (HEAL) Study
- Medical Expenditure Panel Survey Cancer Survivorship Supplement
- National Health Interview Survey Cancer Control Supplement
- Survey of Physician Attitudes Regarding the Care of Cancer Survivors (SPARCCS)
A collection of tools, interactive programs, data sets and statistics to assist researchers.
- Cancer Control P.L.A.N.E.T.
- Cancer Prevalence & Cost of Care Projections
- Cancer Stat Fact Sheets
- Childhood Cancer Survivor Study Public Access Data Tables
- Multidisciplinary Treatment Planning Questionnaire
- Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS)
- Patient-Reported Outcomes version of the Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (PRO-CTCAE)
- Research-Tested Intervention Programs
- SEER-Medicare Health Outcomes Survey Linkage Project (SEER-MHOS)
- SEER-Medicare Linked Database
A survivorship research meeting, which takes place every two years, that brings together researchers, clinicians, cancer survivors, advocates, policy-makers, and public health experts to share and learn about the most up-to-date cancer survivorship research.
- 2016 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference: Innovation in a Rapidly Changing Landscape
- 2014 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference: Advancing Survivorship Care through Multilevel Collaborations
- 2012 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference: Translating Science to Care
- 2010 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference: Recovery and Beyond
- 2008 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference - Cancer Survivorship Research: Mapping the New Challenges
- 2006 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference - Cancer Survivorship: Embracing the Future
- 2004 Biennial Cancer Survivorship Research Conference - Cancer Survivorship: Pathways to Health After Treatment Conference