This webinar provided information about PAR-23-292, “Improving Care and Outcomes for Cancer Survivors from Sexual and Gender Minority (SGM) Populations (R01 Clinical Trial Optional).”
This funding opportunity aims to support the rigorous assessment of barriers to quality cancer treatment and follow-up care for sexual and gender minority (SGM) cancer survivors. This funding opportunity is intended to address a critical need for improved care delivery and outcomes for SGM cancer survivors. The goal is to address the disease burden in an underserved and understudied population that is at higher risk of poorer health outcomes.
NCI staff provided an overview of the funding opportunity and application process and addressed general questions.
- Grants Processes and Clinical Trial Resources
- Application Submissions
- Review Process
- Funding Policy
- Data Management and Sharing (DMS) Plan
- Jivraj N, Shapiro GK, Schulz-Quach C, Van de Laar E, Liu ZA, Weiss J, Croke J. Evaluating Healthcare Professionals' Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices and Education Interest in LGBTQ2 + Cancer Care. J Cancer Educ. 2023 Aug;38(4):1163-1169. doi: 10.1007/s13187-022-02244-x. Epub 2022 Dec 1. PMID: 36454364.
- Eckhert E, Lansinger O, Ritter V, Liu M, Han S, Schapira L, John EM, Gomez S, Sledge G, Kurian AW. Breast Cancer Diagnosis, Treatment, and Outcomes of Patients From Sex and Gender Minority Groups. JAMA Oncol. 2023 Apr 1;9(4):473-480. doi: 10.1001/jamaoncol.2022.7146. PMID: 36729432; PMCID: PMC9896373.
- Cheung CK, Lee H, Levin NJ, Choi E, Ross VA, Geng Y, Thomas BN, Roth ME. Disparities in cancer care among sexual and gender minority adolescent and young adult patients: A scoping review. Cancer Med. 2023 Jul;12(13):14674-14693. doi: 10.1002/cam4.6090. Epub 2023 May 28. PMID: 37245227; PMCID: PMC10358240.
- Xu AJ, Panken EJ, Gonzales-Alabastro CD, Zhang H, Helenowski IB, Murphy AB, Prabhu R, Amarasekera C. Urologists and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Queer Patients: A Survey-based Study of the Practice Patterns, Attitudes, and Knowledge Base of Urologists Toward Their Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, or Queer Patients. Urology. 2023 Sep;179:71-79. doi: 10.1016/j.urology.2023.05.019. Epub 2023 Jun 5. PMID: 37286139.