About Tobacco Control Research Branch (TCRB)
The mission of the Tobacco Control Research Branch (TCRB) is to lead and collaborate on research, and to disseminate evidence-based findings to prevent, treat, and control tobacco use.
The vision of TCRB is a world free of tobacco use and related cancer and suffering.
- Advertising and marketing of tobacco products
- Epidemiology and surveillance of tobacco knowledge, attitudes, and behavior
- Etiology, predictors, correlates, and determinants of tobacco use, nicotine dependence, and cessation
- Global tobacco control, especially in low and middle income countries
- Media and policy to reduce tobacco use
- Other tobacco products, e.g., smokeless tobacco, cigars, roll-your-own, hookah, bidis, etc.
- Potential Reduced-Exposure Tobacco Products (PREPs)
- Secondhand smoke
- Tobacco cessation interventions at the individual, system, and population level
- Tobacco control interventions for underserved and at-risk populations
- Tobacco industry documents
- Tobacco prevention interventions at the individual, system, and population level
- Tobacco product analysis, e.g., design and composition, constituents and additives, processing, manufacturing
- Tobacco use and cessation in cancer screening, diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship
- Tobacco-related disparities
TCRB Grant Portfolio
TCRB Fact Sheet (PDF, 1.26 MB), February 2018
TCRB Information and Resources (PDF, 762 KB), February 2018
TCRB Funding Opportunity Announcements (PDF, 635 KB), March 2018